Is Pediatric Chiropractic Care Effective?
At Chiropractic First, we believe in evidence-based care: our methods and therapies are based upon decades of research, study, and experience. While we want our patients to understand that our chiropractic care for children should be seen as supplemental to their traditional, primary pediatric care, we also want them to know that our chiropractic program for kids has been proven to be both safe and effective.
Knowledge, Experience, and the Utmost Concern
We believe that we maximize the effectiveness of our pediatric chiropractic care through our treatment method, our experience, and our compassion for our patients. Since 1997, Dr. Todd Royse has dedicated his practice to developing the most successful and valuable methods of spinal adjustments and healthcare for kids – through his continuing education, his study of the newest research, and his interactions with thousands of patients.
Here are just a few recent scientific studies that have examined the effectiveness of pediatric chiropractic care:
- A 2009 study published in Explore: The Journal of Science & Healing, found that both pediatric chiropractors and the parents of patients reported high levels of improvement regarding health complaints in children ages 0-18.
- A 2013 study cited by the American Chiropractic Association found that chiropractic care significantly helped colicky infants reduce crying. This study was randomized, controlled, and blind.
- A 1989 study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological and Therapeutics found that chiropractic adjustments helped the majority of adolescent participants reduce their ADHD symptoms.
- A 1999 case study published in the Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics found that chiropractic care helped two infants with latching and nursing issues in the weeks after birth.
Again, this just a small sample of studies that have proven the effectiveness of pediatric chiropractic care. Speak with our doctor to learn more about studies regarding specific health issues or ailments that affect your child.
If your child is suffering from any of the following health issues, we may be able to help:
- Back pain, spine pain, or gait issues
- Sports injuries or other injuries
- Breastfeeding, nursing, or latching issues
- Colic or unexplained crying in infants
- Digestive issues, such as constipation, in infants
- Sleeping issues and sleep disorders
- Asthma or breathing issues
- Skin rashes
- ADHD or hyperactivity
- Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome
- Growing pains
- Neurological issues and emotional health issues
- Chronic infections, such as ear infections
Schedule an Appointment or Consultation Today
Stop wondering whether a simple chiropractic appointment could significantly help your child with his or her health issue or overall wellbeing – and see how we can help. Call Dr. Todd Royse today at 530-243-0889 or fill out our contact form to learn more about our services, to ask a question, or to request a consultation.
Still have questions about chiropractic care for kids?